Top | Entrees
COUNTRY STYLE BARBECUED PORK RIBS
(recipe, Matthew Barker)
- 1½ to 5 lb. country style pork ribs, with or without bones
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 lg. onion, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups ketchup
- 1 cup vinegar
- 8 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 8 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. paprika
- 4 tsp. powdered mustard
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- Put half the chopped onion in a large covered oven pan (like a turkey roaster or lasagna pan).
- After trimming off the excess fat, place the ribs in the pan and sprinkle the remaining onion over the top. Pour the lemon juice over the ribs, then brown in a preheated 375°F oven for 45 minutes, uncovered.
- While the ribs are browning, combine the rest of the sauce in a large pot and slowly bring to a simmer on top of the oven.
- When the ribs have browned, pour off most of the liquid in the pan (save the onion) and add the sauce. It should be enough to fully cover the ribs.
- Cover the pan tightly and bake at 425 degrees for 2 hours. Uncover the pan and bake for about 30 minutes more until the sauce cooks down. The meat should just about fall off the bones and the sauce is about half its original volume