Top | Daily Dishes
Classic Cole Slaw
(recipe, Sarah Wainwright)
This is a very simple, classic cole slaw that my mother used to make at Thanksgiving time, she got it from her mother-in-law and so on. It's not fancy, but it tastes so good.
- 1 Large Head Green Cabbage
- 1 Medium Sweet Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 2 Large Carrots
- 3 Stalks Celery
- 1 Heaping Tablespoon Mayo
- 2 Tbsp. Heinz Chili Sauce
- Half a Lemon
- Salt And Pepper To taste
- Shred the cabbage, 8th to quarter inches strips is good.
- Grate or finely chop the onion.
- Shred the carrots with a peeler.
- Thinly slice the celery.
- Mince the garlic, fresh is always best.
- Mix all of the above into a large bowl and toss.
- Add in the mayo and the chili sauce, squeeze in the lemon juice, toss some more.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.