Top | Breads
Gluten Free Pumpkin Ginger Bread
(recipe, Katie Hickey)
I think these would be great as cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. It has a fantastic texture for a gluten free bread- rises nice and high.
- Gluten-free non-stick cooking spray
- 1½ cups (6 ounces) white rice flour
- 1 cup (7 ounces) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (4 ounces) sorghum flour
- ½ cup (2 ounces) cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 (15-ounce) can pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup molasses
- ¼ cup golden syrup or honey
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a thirteen by-nine inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk together white rice flour, sorghum flour, cornstarch, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, salt, and xanthan gum in a large mixing bowl.Add pumpkin, eggs, oil, molasses, and golden syrup. Mix until ingredients are thoroughly combined and a smooth batter forms (use medium speed on a handheld mixer or medium-low speed on a stand mixer. If mixing by hand, use a balloon whisk and mix for two minutes). Scrape down sides and bottom of bowl once or twice with a rubber spatula while mixing.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Remove pan from oven and place on a wire rack. Allow to cool before slicing. Store bread wrapped in plastic wrap at room temperature for 3 to 5 days, or wrap and freeze for up to 3 months.