Top | Debra's Recipes
(recipe, Debra Joy)
Low calorie vegetarian casserole
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 1 Red pepper
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Onion
- 8 oz. sliced fresh mushrooms
- Chopped garlic to taste
- ⅓ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- Slice squash in half, scoop out seeds and place face down in a casserole dish with a cup of water.
- Roast in 425 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow squash to cool for 10-15 minutes before handling.
- When squash is cooked, scrape the inside of each half using a fork to remove the spaghetti-like strands and put in a 9x13" casserole dish.
- Top with vegetable mixture and the seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking for 20 minutes.
- Serve with grated Parmesan Reggiano cheese.
- Vegetable Mixture:
- Cut pepper, zucchini, and onion into bite size pieces.
- While squash is roasting, spray a frying pan with vegetable spray.
- Saute all the fresh veggies for 15 minutes.
- Add 1 can of stewed tomatoes and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Season with dried Italian herbs: oregano, basil, parsley.
- Entire casserole is 2 points.