Top | untitled
Bacon and Egg Coconut Flour Muffins
(recipe, Matthew Barker)
These bacon and egg coconut flour muffins are easy to make and are wonderful high protein breakfast option.
- 4 pastured eggs
- ¼ cup organic sour cream
- 4 TBS coconut flour
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. baking powder – learn how to make your own here
- 8 strips cooked pasture raised bacon, chopped up
- ½ cup organic cheese (we like to use pepper jack)
- ½ cup of organic greens (we like to use kale or spinach)
- Pre heat oven to 375°.
- Mix eggs and sour cream together.
- Add coconut flour, salt, baking powder, bacon, cheese and greens.
- Stir batter and let it sit for approximately 5 minutes.
- Pour the batter evenly into 4 large muffin cups or 6 small muffin cups.
- Make sure to only fill ¾ full. The muffins will rise while baking.
- Bake muffins for 15-18 minutes, or until the top of the muffins are golden brown.
- Let muffins cool before serving.
- Enjoy! This recipe is very flexible. You can omit the sour cream if you don’t eat dairy. The sour cream makes these muffins a little less dense and more “fluffy”. You can also swop sausage or steak in place of the bacon if you prefer.