Top | Favoritos
Apples in a Bag
(recipe, Fernando Targino)
- 1 small-medium sized apple (the original called for Granny Smith, but I used Empire)
- ¼ tsp. Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. Cornstarch
- 1 spoonful of sugar (or sweetner if preferred)
- 1 tsp. of water
- 1 Medium Sized Ziploc freezer bag (durable to withstand heat in microwave) or use a microwave-safe contained with lid.
- Raisins, nuts, etc optional
- 1. The original recipe called for peeled OR unpeeled apple slices, however, the first time I attempted the recipe, I wasn't too fond of the cooked 'skin' taste.
- 2. Place apple slices & all ingredients in Ziploc bag, close and shake until all pieces are covered.
- 3. Open a small corner of the bag to act as a vent for steam.
- 4. Microwave for 2 minutes--let sit before removing from microwave as the bag will be VERY hot!
- 5. Open up, take a fork and dig in!!