Top | Linda Shiue
Spiced Cranberry Apple Crisp
(recipe, Linda Shiue)
- 3 medium to large tart apples (I prefer Pink Lady), cored and chopped into ½-inch cubes
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, rinsed
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9-by-13-by-2-inch metal or glass baking pan.
- In a large bowl, toss together the apples and cranberries with the sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and cinnamon until the fruit is evenly coated. Spread the fruit mixture evenly in the prepared baking pan.
- In another bowl, stir together the oats, pepitas, maple syrup, brown sugar, olive oil, cardamom, and salt. Use a spoon to evenly scatter the oat topping over the fruit in the baking pan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until the filling is bubbly and the topping is golden.