Top | Vegetable Literacy
(recipe, Deborah Madison)
- 1½ cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. olive oil or melted ghee
- 3 Tbsp. chopped sage leaves
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Toss the breadcrumbs with the oil and sage to moisten the crumbs. Put them in a skillet and cook slowly over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp and golden, about 10 minutes. When done, season them with salt and pepper, then allow to cool.
- Use immediately, or store in an airtight container for a week or so.