Top | Grain
Bulgur Salad with Kale, Salami and Olives
(recipe, Anna Conley)
Per Serving:300 calories (90 from fat), 10g total fat, 3g saturated fat, 20mg cholesterol, 700mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (10g dietary fiber, 2g sugar), 14g protein
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1½ cups medium-grind bulgur wheat
- 6 cups (about ¼ pound) roughly chopped kale
- ¼ lb. thinly sliced salami, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup chopped pitted olives
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring broth to a boil in a large pot. Stir in bulgur then cover and simmer until just tender, about 10 minutes. Uncover, scatter kale over the top, cover and cook until wilted and tender, 4 to 5 minutes more. Set aside off of the heat, covered, for 5 minutes then uncover and fluff with a fork.
- Transfer bulgur and kale to a large bowl, add salami, parsley, olives, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper and toss gently to combine. Serve warm or at room temperature.