Top | Kitchen & Co.
Chocolate and Hazelnut Swirls
(recipe, Rosie French & Ellie Grace)
These are a really quick way to round off a meal along with a coffee. They even serve an indulgent breakfast in a hurry.
- 1 sheet (13 ounces) ready-made puff pastry, defrosted
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 3 Tbsp. chocolate-and-hazelnut spread, such as Nutella
- ⅓ cup chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay the pastry sheet on a floured work surface and roll it out into a slightly larger and thinner rectangle. Cover all over with the chocolate spread and sprinkle with the chopped nuts.
- Roll the sheet up into a tube from one long end to the other. Cut the tube into 6 even-size sections. Turn each section on its side and squash with the palm of your hand into circles about ¾-inch thick.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown.
Feel free to play around with the fillings. Here are some tasty alternatives: Melted semisweet or bittersweet chocolate and chestnut purée; apricot jam and custard or pastry cream; raisin and cinnamon; maple syrup and crushed pecans.