Top | Megan Scott
Quinoa and Pomelo Salad with Toasted Coconut
(recipe, Megan Scott)
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 piece (2 inches long) fresh ginger root, cut into rounds
- 1 jalapeño chile, seeded
- 1 lemongrass stalk, tender parts only, cut into rounds
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 pomelo, peeled and separated into segments
- ½ cup toasted flaked coconut
- Cook the quinoa: In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Stir in the quinoa, cover, reduce the heat, and simmer until the quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Prepare the dressing: While the quinoa is cooking, combine the lime juice, fish sauce, garlic, ginger, jalapeño, lemongrass, and oil in a blender and purée.
- Assemble the salad: Combine the quinoa, dressing, cilantro, and mint in a serving bowl. Serve with the pomelo and garnish with the coconut.