Top | The Quick Dish
Pumpkin Steel Oatmeal
(recipe, Tonya Peele)
A creamy, delicious way to greet fall mornings.
- 1 cup 1% organic milk
- 1 cup vanilla-flavored almond milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- ½ cup 100% pure pumpkin
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- honey, to taste
- Add water and milk to medium saucepot. Bring to a low boil.
- Slowly stir in the oats.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook uncovered for 25-30 minutes (or to desired consistency). Stir frequently.
- Spoon in pumpkin and cinnamon. Stir well and cook an additional 5 minutes over low heat.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a serving bowl or portable container.
- Drizzle with honey or other natural sweetener to taste.