Top | RECIPES
Banana Sheet Cake
(recipe, sheryl langerman)
From Simply Recipes
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- The scraped insides of one vanilla bean, or 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of mashed ripe bananas (2 large or 3 medium bananas)
- ½ cup full fat sour cream
- 6 oz. cream cheese, room temp
- 4 Tbsp. (¼ cup) unsalted butter, room temp
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) . In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- 2 Beat together in a mixer the butter and sugars. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Mix in the vanilla and mashed bananas.
- 3 Mix in half of the flour mixture, then the sour cream, then the other half of the flour mixture.
- 4 Spread batter evenly in a greased 10x15 baking pan. Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 20 minutes, or until nicely browned and the surface bounces back when you press it with your finger. Cool completely before frosting.
- 5 To make the frosting, mix all of the ingredients together with an electric mixer. If too stiff to spread, add a teaspoon or two of water. Spread the frosting evenly over the cake and slice to serve.
- Yield: Makes 30 pieces.