Top | Cooking By Hand
Baked Pears with Ricotta, Walnuts, and Old Balsamico
(recipe, Paul Bertolli)
- 4 very ripe Bosc or Winter Nellis pears
- Unsalted butter
- ½ cup very fresh ricotta (preferably sheep's milk)
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- Balsamico extra vecchio, for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel and core the pears and arrange them cored side up in a buttered baking dish. Bake the pears for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender to the tip of a sharp knife.
- Serve the pears while still blood warm with a dollop of fresh ricotta and a scattering of walnuts. Spoon any juices remaining in the baking dish over and around the pears. Drizzle balsamico extra vecchio over each portion at the table.