Top | Breads
Willie Nwlson's Famous Banana Bread (UBC Cake)
(recipe, Katie Hickey)
No added fat. Really good.
- 3 really ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups flour (white whole wheat or half AP, half whole wheat)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon (or try with nutmeg, etc)
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- (¼ cup chopped crystallized ginger- optional but awesome)
- ¼ cup sugar mixed with cinnamon (try with less)
- Grease an 8-inch cake pan. Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix mashed bananas with eggs and vanilla and stir well.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking soda and cinnamon. Add wet to dry and stir until combined. Stir in chocolate chips and ginger (if using).
- Pour into prepared cake pan and sprinkle top with the sugar/cinnamon mixture. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.