Top | Tapas
Tuna Butter Canapé
(recipe, Penelope Casas)
This spread is also delicious made with skinned and boned canned sardines.
- Half a 7-ounce can light meat tuna, drained
- 2 Tbsp. sweet butter, softened
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. grated onion
- 12 thin crustless bread rounds
- 12 very thin slices beet, cucumber, or tomato
- Parsley sprigs
- In the bowl of a processor or blender, chop the tuna finely. Add the softened butter, pepper, lemon juice, and grated onion. Blend to form a smooth paste. (May be prepared ahead.)
- Spread about 1 teaspoon of this mixture on each bread round. Top with a slice of beet, cucumber, or tomato, then place a small ball of the tuna spread in the center of each canapé and top with a small spring of parsley.