Top | Natalie Serber
Pink, Red, and Green Penne
(recipe, Natalie Serber)
- ½ lb. penne pasta
- 3 to 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 small shallots, chopped
- 1 small bunch broccoli rabe, rinsed and trimmed
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup shredded radicchio
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 9 to 12 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large stockpot, put pasta water on to boil.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a pan with high sides and a thick bottom. Add the garlic and shallots and sauté until they become slightly translucent. Add the broccoli rabe and stir to coat with oil. Pour in the wine, raise the heat, and cover for 3 to 4 minutes, until the broccoli rabe begins to soften.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Add the radicchio, sun-dried tomatoes, and shrimp to the broccoli rabe. Stir until the shrimp is pink throughout and the broccoli is al dente.
- Serve hot, in bowls.