Top | Laura Grace Weldon
(recipe, Laura Grace Weldon)
It’s easy to package a few of these squares in individual bags or storage containers to grab on your way to the dog park.
- 1 lb. ground turkey, beef, venison, or 1 can (14¾ ounces) salmon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 to 6 Tbsp. rice flour, pumpkin flour, or sweet-potato flour (use the larger amount to compensate for high moisture in ground beef or canned fish)
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 13-by-9-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the meat or fish. Add the egg and incorporate completely. Spread the mixture evenly in the pan with a spatula.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes, until firm and dry to the touch. Cool in the pan.
- Cut into squares and store in the refrigerator or freezer.