Top | My recipes
Minty Lamb Patties
(recipe, Davis Tanisha)
Tanisha Davis is Part time Chef, cooks only for friends and family.
- 60 g (2 oz/⅓ cup) whole brown lentils
- 315 ml (10 fl oz1 ¼ cups) boiling water
- 3 onions, finely chopped
- 500 g (1 lb) minced lamb
- 6 tsp. Garam Masala
- 2 dried red chillies, seeded and crushed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 60 ml (2 fl oz/¼ cup) natural yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- 2 fresh green chillies, seeded and chopped
- 60 ml (2 fl oz/ ¼ cup) vegetable oil
- fresh mint leaves, to garnish
- Put lentils in a bowl, add water and leave to soak for 2 hours.
- Put lentils, their soaking water, 2 onions, lamb, garam masala and red chillies in a large heavy- based pan and bring to the boil. Cook, uncovered, over a medium heat, stirring constantly, until all the liquid has evaporated and mixure is very dry. Remove from heat and leave to cool. Put mixture in a blender or food processor fitted with a metal blade and process to a smooth paste. Add egg and yogurt and blend again. Chill for 2-3 hours, then form into 16 balls.
- Mix together remaining onion, mint and green chillies. Make an indentation in each lamb ball and stuff with a little minty mixture, then cover upp with meat. Flatten balls into 5 cm (2in) patties. Heat oil in a frying pan and fry patties a few at time for 4-6 minutes, turning over after half the time, until well browned. Serve, garnished with fresh mint leaves.