Garlicky Pea Shoot Tangle
(recipe, Mollie Katzen)
Pea shoots require no chopping; just rinse, drain, and dry them before cooking.
- 1 Tbsp. roasted peanut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. pea shoots, rinsed, drained, and thoroughly dried
- 2 Tbsp. garlic, minced or crushed
- ¼ tsp. salt (or to taste)
- Place a large, deep skillet or wok over medium heat. After about a minute, add the oil and swirl to coat the pan.
- Add the pea shoots and garlic, and turn up the heat. Stir-fry for about 5 minutes, attempting to get the garlic distributed evenly through the tangle of shoots. Stir in the salt along the way. (It’s easiest to use tongs or a large, long-handled fork for mixing.)
- Remove from the heat as soon as the pea shoots are wilted and have turned deep green. Serve hot or warm.