Top | Sauces
How do I make garlic alfredo sauce from scratch?
(recipe, Matthew Barker)
Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
- ½ cup sweet butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¼ tsp. white pepper
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup mozzarella cheese
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium/low heat.
- Add the garlic, cream, white pepper and bring mixture to a simmer.
- Stir often.
- Add the parmesian cheese and simmer sauce for 8-10 minutes or until sauce has thickened and is smooth.
- When sauce has thickend add the mozzarella cheese and stir until smooth. STIR FREQUENTLY.