Top | Shoshanna Cohen
Truffle Oven Fries
(recipe, Shoshanna Cohen)
These oven-crisped truffle “fries,” adapted from the excellent cooking blog How Sweet Eats, are actually a pretty close approximation of the eye-rolling deliciousness you get with the real deal.
- Russet and/or sweet potatoes, cut into fry-sized wedges
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- White truffle oil
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Soak potato pieces in water to remove starch for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Pat potatoes dry with a towel, then transfer them to a jelly-roll pan. Toss with the olive oil, salt, and garlic powder.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then turn them and bake for another 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and drizzle with the truffle oil. Toss to coat. Taste and add more salt and truffle oil as needed and re-toss. Serve topped with more Parmesan.