Top | Veggie
Nutty, Spicy, Broccoli Noodles
(recipe, Anna Heininger)
- 2½ cups broccoli
- ⅔ cup Cashew/Peanut/Almond Butter (I purchased this mix at Target, I am sure you could make your own)
- 7 to 8 oz. whole wheat fettucine
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger grated
- 2 to 3 scallions chopped
- 1 red chili minced (with seeds)
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 to 2 tsp. tamari or soy sauce
- Chop broccoli (reserve stalks for another time)
- add broccoli to boiling water for about 2 minutes, then shock in ice bath, and drain into large bowl.
- In a separate pan,over medium heat, cook oil, chilies, and garlic for 5-6 minutes.
- Add sauce to broccoli.
- Cook pasta according to directions. Immediately drain, and add hot pasta to broccoli and sauce mixture.
- Using a kitchen tongs, toss mixture to coat.
- Top with scallions, and serve.