Top | The Silver Spoon New Edition
(recipe, Silver Spoon editors)
- 1 lb. 5 ounces lights or pluck
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- ¼ cup apple vinegar
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Dice the lights. If using pluck, dice the heart, spleen, and other variety meats and slice the liver.
- Heat the oil and garlic in a skillet and cook until the garlic turns brown, then remove and discard it. Add the celery and carrots and cook for a few minutes. Add the lights, mix gently, and cook for a few minutes, then add all the other variety meats except the liver and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes. Finally, add the liver, mix well, and cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, stir in the vinegar, and cook until it has evaporated. Sprinkle with thyme and serve.