Top | Jamsa, Salsas, Sauces, Condiments
Blue Cheese Dressing
(recipe, Katie Hickey)
This recipe is from David Lebovitz and it is the greatest thing. Make a wedge salad.
- 4 oz. (115g) blue cheese, crumbled
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- a few turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped chives
- ¼ cup (60g) sour cream, regular or lowfat
- ¼ cup (60ml) buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice or white wine vinegar
- a few drops of red wine vinegar
- 1. In a medium bowl, mash the blue cheese with the salt and pepper with the back of a fork until the pieces of cheese are finely broken up.
- 2. Stir in the chives, sour cream, buttermilk, and lemon juice or wine vinegar until well mixed.
- 3. Add a few drops of red wine vinegar. Taste, and adjust any of the seasonings to your liking and if the dressing too thick, add a bit more buttermilk.