Top | Soups
Avgolemono with Crab and Orzo
(recipe, Olivia Stewart)
From Mix, Jan 2012
- 6 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup orzo
- 6 large egg yolks
- grated zest of 2 small lemons
- juice of 2 small lemons
- 3 oz. argula - about 2 cups, chopped
- ¾ to 1 lb. crab meat (can also use chicken in place of crab)
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring broth to a boil and add orzo; simmer until tender
- In mixing bowl, which egg yolks, lemon zest and lemon juice. Add in ½ c of hot stock then add mixture to pot of stock.
- Add arugula and simmer for 3-4 minutes until it wilts
- Add crab and cook for 1 minute until heated.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.