Top | Salads
Spinach Salad With Strawberries and Pecans
(recipe, Matthew Barker)
- 8 oz. fresh torn spinach or baby spinach
- 1½ to 2 cups cleaned and sliced strawberries
- ½ cup pecan halves or pieces, lightly toasted
- 2 to 3 oz. goat cheese or blue cheese, crumbled, optional
- ¼ cup Canola oil or other salad oil
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp. dried tarragon
- ⅛ tsp. each onion and garlic powder
- dash dry mustard
- Toss spinach with sliced strawberries, pecans, and cheese, if using.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a jar; shake until well blended. When ready to serve, drizzle dressing over the salad and toss lightly.