Top | Jen Smith
(recipe, Jen Smith)
- 2 jalapeño peppers, finely chopped (remove the seeds for a milder salsa, or leave them in for a fiery kick)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ cup cilantro leaves, parsley leaves, or a combination of the two
- Zest of ½ lime (optional)
- 1 large (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- Salt, to taste
- Combine the chopped peppers, onion, fresh herbs, and optional lime zest in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the chopping blade. Pulse 4 to 5 times, until the contents are combined and coarsely chopped.
- Add the tomatoes, and process until the salsa is thick and chunky. Add salt to taste.