Top | Deborah Madison
Toasted Breadcrumbs with Sage
(recipe, Deborah Madison)
These are really good sprinkled over bean soups or winter squash soups or winter squash cooked just about anyway.
- 1½ cups fresh bread crumbs
- 2 or more tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped sage leaves
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Toss the breadcrumbs with the oil and sage to moisten them, then put them skillet and cook them slowly over medium heat until crisp and golden, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.