Top | Andrea's vegan GF recipes
Vegan GF Peanut Butter Cups
(recipe, Andrea Seppinni)
These beat the orange wrapper ones, hands down!
- Melt in a double boiler:
- 30 oz. non-dairy dark chocolate (recommend 12 oz. 70 percent, 20 oz. 49 percent)
- Blend together with an electric mixer:
- 2 cups creamy organic 100% smooth peanut butter
- 2 cups organic powdered sugar, sifted
- ¼ cup organic agave nectar
- 6 Tbsp. Earth Balance Buttery Spread, softened
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. gluten-free vanilla extract
- With a small pastry brush, paint the insides of silicone baking cups with the melted chocolate, place on a baking sheet, and refrigerate until firm.
- Once set, gently separate the molds from the set chocolate cups; fill the cups with the blended peanut butter to just under the rims of the cups, about one generous teaspoon full.
- Gently tamp down the filling with your index finger making a slight indent in the top, and seal over the filling by painting a coating of chocolate across the whole surface.
- Chill till firm.
- Repeat process, making another batch of chocolate cups, filling and setting, until all the chocolate and filling is used.
- Store peanut butter cups in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to two months.
- Enjoy wholeheartedly!