Top | Latin Grilling
Rum and Guava Cooler
(recipe, Lourdes Castro)
If you are looking for a cool and refreshing cocktail, you’ve found it. Made with only four ingredients, this is like a simple yet sophisticated Rum Runner. It’s the cocktail I go for on a breezy summer day when the sun is setting. If you cannot find guava juice, substitute cranberry juice.
- 2 oz. guava juice
- 2 oz. light rum
- 1 oz. fresh lime juice
- Sparkling water or club soda
- 1 lime wedge
- Fill a tall glass with ice and set it aside.
- Place a handful of ice in a cocktail shaker and add the guava juice, rum, and lime juice, and shake vigorously for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Strain the cocktail into the glass of ice and top with sparkling water or club soda.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and serve.