Top | The Northwest Vegetarian Cookbook
(recipe, Debra Daniels-Zeller)
I first sampled carrot hummus at a farm lunch served at Nash's farm in Sequim, Washington. I was so impressed with the carrot version of this spread created by farm chef Ankur Shah that I went home and made my own version.
- 1 cup cooked and drained garbanzos
- 1 cup sliced carrots, steamed
- ¼ cup tahini
- Zest of 1 lemon, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 to 3 tsp. honey or agave nectar
- 2 to 4 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- Pinch of ground cumin
- Pinch of cayenne (optional)
- Chopped cilantro
- Place the garbanzos, carrots, tahini, lemon zest, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon honey or agave nectar, and garlic in a blender or food processor and purée until smooth.
- Mix in the cumin and cayenne and add salt to taste. Add more honey if desired. Garnish with cilantro.