Top | Savory
Smoked Salmon Risotto with Lemon & Mascarpone
(recipe, Anna Conley)
adapted from Good Food
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 350 g Arborio rice
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 170 g smoked salmon, divided
- 85 g mascarpone
- 3 Tbsp. flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- handful arugula (baby greens are best)
- lemon juice
- ground pepper
- Reserving some large pieces of salmon to garnish, roughly chop the remaining smoked salmon and set aside.
- In a large pot over medium high heat, add the olive oil and onion. Sauté for five minutes until the onion is soft and translucent. Add the rice and garlic to the pot and cook for two more minutes, stirring continuously. Add the white wine and a cup of the stock to the pot. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium. Simmer, stirring frequently until the most of the liquid has been absorbed. Add another cup of the stock and continue to cook, stirring constantly until it too has absorbed. Repeat, until you've used all the stock and the rice is tender and creamy.
- Remove the pot from the heat, add the mascarpone and stir until melted. Add the chopped salmon, parsley and lemon zest and mix. Season with fresh ground pepper and lemon juice to taste.
- Plate the risotto with a some fresh arugula and the pieces of reserved salmon.