Top | Delicious Memories
(recipe, Anna Boiardi)
- 8 cups water
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 2 cups polenta
- Unsalted butter for the baking dish or bowl
- Bring the water to a rolling boil over high heat in a large saucepan. Add the salt and boil for about 15 seconds. Remove the pan from the heat and reduce the heat to low.
- Off the heat, slowly pour in the polenta, stirring constantly with a long-handled wooden spoon until smooth. Return the pan to the heat and bring the polenta to a slow boil. Adjust the heat so that big, lazy bubbles break the surface every several seconds.
- Cook, stirring now and then to keep the polenta from sticking and burning on the bottom of the pot, until it thickens enough to pull away from the sides of the pan, it tastes cooked, and the texture is smooth and light, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Smear the bottom and sides of an 8-inch square baking dish or serving bowl with butter, and pour in the finished polenta.