Top | Shoshanna Cohen
Grubbin' Ass Biscuits
(recipe, Shoshanna Cohen)
This is a slightly edited version of a recipe from my best friend Bianca James’ Conspiracy Comix zine when we were in high school. Fifteen years later, I still make these. They go well with vegan mush. Tasty and cheap.
- 1¾ cups flour
- 2½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. cold butter or margarine
- 1 cup milk or water
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Throw the flour in a bowl with the baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Crumble the cold butter (or margarine for you vegans) into the mixture till it becomes grainy and incorporated.
- Add a cup of milk (or water for the vegans) and stir for a minute.
- Drop the mixture in large globs onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden-brown. Eat with jam.