Top | Cathy Whims
(recipe, Cathy Whims)
Be sure to make this with young or baby arugula; late-season arugula makes for a bitter and pungent sauce.
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ⅓ cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 4 cups loosely packed arugula leaves, washed and dried
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- In the bowl of a food processor, place the garlic, pine nuts, arugula, and grated cheese. Pulse to chop finely.
- With the motor running, slowly pour in the oil until the pesto has a smooth consistency (you may not need all the oil). Season to taste with salt and pepper.