Top | KidsBox
National Farmers Market Week Candied Cherry Tomatoes and Farmers Market Pizza
(recipe, Bluebird Farmers Market & CSA)
To celebrate National Farmers Market Week, August 7-13th, try Lizzie Marie Cusine's Candied Cherry Tomatoes and Farmers Market Pizza. Courtesy of http://www.lizziemariecuisine.com for Bluebird KidsBoxes!
- Candied Cherry Tomatoes Ingredients:
- 1 pt. farm fresh cherry tomatoes, rinsed clean and dried with paper towel
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Farmers Market Pizza Ingredients:
- Your favorite veggies fresh from the farmers market, we used:
- ½ medium Vidalia onion, diced
- 2 ears of corn, remove husk and silk, cut kernels off cob
- 1 green bell pepper, rinse clean, diced
- 1 pastel bell pepper, rinse clean, diced
- 1 large red carrot, rinse clean, diced
- 2 celery stalks, rinse clean, diced
- 1 baguette, sliced into ¼ inch thin
- All-natural pesto
- Few pinches of salt
- TOPPING: Candied Cherry Tomatoes
- For Candied Cherry Tomatoes, Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut tomatoes in half and place into a bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss with tomatoes to coat.
- Place tomatoes onto a rimmed baking pan with a silpat liner on the bottom (makes for easier clean up).
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes until roasted and carmelized.
- Note: Balsamic vinegar intensifies the flavor of the tomatoes and they taste sweet, almost like candy. Serve on crostinis, salads, etc. These tomatoes taste amazing as a topping on Farmers Market Pizza. Create your own topping for pizza using more Bluebird CSA farm fresh veggies including Vidalia onions, grilled squash & eggplant, colored bell peppers and more!
- For Farmers Market Pizza, Mix together all veggies in a bowl and add a few pinches of salt.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut baguette into ¼" slices and place onto rimmed baking pan with a silpat liner on the bottom (makes for easier clean up) and spread a thin layer of pesto onto each slice.
- Bake for 5 – 6 minutes until lightly toasted.
- Place baguette slices onto a serving platter.
- Top each slice with a spoonful of veggie mixture and place a few candied cherry tomatoes on top.
- Delish! Use whatever veggies are in season. Broccoli, yellow squash and zucchini are very tasty to add into your veggie mix.