Top | Experimental
(recipe, Jean Henrich)
Any mix of diced vegetables can be used in this. Serve on top of quinoa, rice, or pasta for a main dish.
- 1 bunch dinosaur kale
- 4 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 2 green onions
- 2 carrots
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 cup cooked fresh or frozen peas
- Wash kale, remove stems, and chop crosswise in to ribbons.
- Place kale in a large skillet and cover with broth. Simmer, covered, until tender, 10 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice onions thinly and chop carrots and zucchini into a ½-inch dice.
- When kale is tender, drain, reserving liquid. Place broth back in skillet and simmer until reduced substantially.
- Combine kale with onions, carrots, zucchini and peas. Add enough broth-sauce to moisten all.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over quinoa, rice or pasta. Add more sauce as desired.