Top | Savory
(recipe, Anna Conley)
From EatingWell: June/July 2005, EatingWell for a Healthy Heart Cookbook (2008)
Serve this tart, parsley-dominated tabbouleh at your next backyard gathering.
Per serving : 165 Calories; 8 g Fat; 1 g Sat; 6 g Mono; 0 mg Cholesterol; 22 g Carbohydrates; 4 g Protein; 6 g Fiber; 175 mg Sodium; 555 mg Potassium
1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup bulgur
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. minced garlic
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 cups finely chopped flat-leaf parsley, (about 2 bunches)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- Combine water and bulgur in a small saucepan. Bring to a full boil, remove from heat, cover and let stand until the water is absorbed and the bulgur is tender, 25 minutes or according to package directions. If any water remains, drain bulgur in a fine-mesh sieve. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Combine lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Add parsley, mint, tomatoes, cucumber and scallions to the bulgur. Add the dressing and toss. Serve at room temperature or chill for at least 1 hour to serve cold.