Top | Bluebird CSA
Chili Lime Butter Grilled Corn
(recipe, Bluebird Farmers Market & CSA)
Thank you for supporting Georgia's fine farmers. This week's recipe is another excellent way to cook summer sweet corn--on the BBQ grill. Follow our adapted recipe for Chili Lime Butter BBQ Corn. Copy & paste the following link to Jamie Oliver's podcast video in a new window to watch simple steps for grilling corn on the cob: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O06gM0XFOos A summer grilling season recipe idea using farm fresh sweet corn in your Bluebird CSA farm box. http://www.bluebirdcsa.com
- 8 ears fresh corn, in husks
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. ground chipotle or regular chili powder
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ tsp. grated lime peel
- ½ tsp. minced purple or green jalapeno
- ½ tsp. minced red cayenne pepper (remove seeds for mild)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Garnish: lime wedges for squeezing
- How to prepare Chili Lime Butter: Place butter in a small bowl, add chili powder, lime juice, lime peel. minced jalapeño, cayenne, black pepper and salt.
- Mix well.
- Grilling Steps: While your barbecue grill is heating, put corn in husk in bowl, cover with water to soak.
- When the grill is hot, drain corn shaking off excess water.
- Keeping the husks on, place corn on cooler side of grill, cover and cook for about 20 minutes.
- The corn husks will allow the kernels inside to steam and smoke.
- Husks will be blackened – with a smoky sweet aroma. Using tongs, peel back husks and transfer corn to the hotter side of grill-- lid open. Corn husks will start to burn off – turn for 5 to 10 min. until lightly charred.
- When you are happy with the corn: Remove from grill and cut off tip.
- Place your Chili Lime Butter onto platter and use tongs to place the cobs in butter
- Roll corn in Chili Lime Butter until coated
- Serve with a lime wedge for squeezing
- Quick cook option: Place corn (in husk) on a plate and microwave for 5 minutes (2½ min. per side). When ready to grill, remove husks and grill over a med-high for 2 minutes per side.