Top | Gabrielle Hamilton
Fried Zucchini with Agrodolce
(recipe, Gabrielle Hamilton)
- 8 zucchinis, sliced just under ¼-inch thick
- Olive oil
- 3 cups cider vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. chile flakes
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup mint leaves
- Lightly salt the zucchini and allow it to rest for at least 15 minutes.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook the cider vinegar and sugar just until the sugar dissolves. Allow to cool.
- In a high-walled sauté pan, heat the olive oil to 325 degrees. Fry the zucchini until it begins to blister and is a light golden color.
- Once the vinegar/sugar mixture is cool, add the chile flakes and garlic, and simmer until it begins to reduce.
- Arrange the zucchini in a bowl, top with the mint leaves, pour the agrodolce over it all, and serve.