Top | Main Dishes
Grilled Lamb Chops
(recipe, Carrie Floyd)
Here, a simple marinade complements the flavor of grilled lamb. This is easy and delicious summer fare.
- 6 bone-in lamb loin chops (each about ¾ inches thick), trimmed of excess fat
- 1 fat garlic clove, crushed or minced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh oregano (or substitute 2 tsp. dried oregano)
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Place the lamb chops in a shallow dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients to form a wet paste. Smear the paste on both sides of the lamb chops and leave to marinate, at room temperature, for 1 hour.
- Prepare a charcoal fire (or preheat the gas grill). Spread the coals when they are covered in a white ash.
- Grill the chops, 3 to 4 inches from the heat source, for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature (of an instant-read thermometer) reads 110 to 120 degrees (for medium rare). Let rest for a few minutes before serving.