Lemon and Tarragon Carrots
(recipe, Gary Rhodes)
This is a zingier version of a British classic: carrots in butter.
- 1 lb, 5 oz. carrots, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 1 oz. melted butter
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Zest of ½ lemon, finely grated
- Coarse sea salt and pepper
- 1 heaping teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- A squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Cook the carrots in a pan of boiling salted water until tender, then drain well and return to the pan.
- Meanwhile, mix together the butter, sugar, and lemon zest. Stir the flavored butter into the carrots, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper. Finish with the tarragon and the lemon juice. Serve warm.