Top | Fresh Food Fast
Broccoli Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
(recipe, Peter Berley)
If you can find it, try using broccolini instead of regular broccoli florets. The entire vegetable is edible, from the slender, asparagus-like stalks to the tiny florets. It's crunchy and tender at the same time.
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1½ tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- ¾ tsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. coarse sea salt or kosher salt, plus additional to taste
- Freshly milled black pepper
- 1 large head broccoli, florets separated, stalks peeled and sliced
- In a salad bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, ginger, soy sauce, honey, and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large saucepan, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. Add the 1 tablespoon of salt and broccoli and blanch until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Drain thoroughly and blot with a towel.
- Add the broccoli to the vinaigrette and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately or refrigerate for 15 minutes.