Top | The Hadassah Everyday Cookbook
(recipe, Leah Koenig)
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ¼-inch rounds
- 2 carrots, halved vertically and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 apricots, halved and pitted
- 2 red pears, cored and quartered
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cider vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. raisins (optional)
- Preheat the grill or a grill pan to medium heat.
- In a large bowl, toss the sweet potatoes, carrots, apricots, and pears with 2 tablespoons oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill the vegetables and fruit in batches, starting with the sweet potatoes and carrots (about 8 minutes, covered and turning once), followed by the apricots and pears (4 to 5 minutes, turning once). Arrange the grilled vegetables and fruits on a platter.
- Whisk together the brown sugar, cider vinegar, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, and salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl. Drizzle the dressing over the vegetables and sprinkle with the raisins, if using.