Top | The Hadassah Everyday Cookbook
Moroccan Orange and Olive Salad
(recipe, Leah Koenig)
- 4 oranges (Valencia or blood oranges)
- ¼ cup oil-cured black olives, pitted and halved
- 2 Tbsp. red-wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. cumin (optional)
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Peel the oranges, removing as much of the pith as possible, then slice horizontally into ¼-inch rounds. Arrange the orange slices on a serving platter and scatter with the olives.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar, honey, garlic, parsley, paprika, cumin (if using), and olive oil. Drizzle the dressing over the oranges and olives, followed by a sprinkling of sea salt and pepper to taste.