Top | Keith Wagstaff
(recipe, Keith Wagstaff)
- 4 lb. skinless and boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 lb. pork shoulder, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp. peppercorns
- 1 cup rice vinegar or white vinegar
- 1½ cups water
- ½ cup soy sauce
- Freshly cooked rice, for serving
- Place all of the ingredients in a large stockpot and put the pot, covered, into the fridge. Let the meat marinate in the seasonings for 6 to 12 hours.
- Remove the pot from the fridge and cook over medium heat for an hour, stirring occasionally. About halfway through the adobo cooking time, make a pot of fresh steamed rice.
- Remove the meat from the pot and, working in batches, brown it gently in a hot frying pan.
- Reduce the sauce for about 5 to 10 minutes, down to your desired thickness.
- Return the meat to the sauce in the pot. Ladle some of the meat and sauce over the fresh rice, and serve immediately.