Top | Pasta
Bella Roma Di Pomodoro
(recipe, Matthew Barker)
Chef Peter Lautner, our SUNRIPE Chef of choice, has shared some of his favorite recipes made from field fresh tomatoes.
[this recipe taken from http://www.sunripeproduce.com/2010/11/bella-roma-di-pomodoro/]
- 8 Bella Roma Tomatoes , cut into large chunks
- 4 cloves Christopher Ranch Garlic, peeled and thin sliced
- 3 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- 10 fresh basil leaves, torn by hand into small pieces
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 -pound pasta
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and sauté the garlic. Add the Bella Roma Tomatoes , salt and pepper. Simmer the sauce for 10 – 15 minutes. Do not overcook the tomatoes. Just before serving, sprinkle with parsley and fresh basil.
- The special taste of this sauce depends largely on the way the garlic is prepared. It must be sliced very thin and sautéed only until faintly colored. Then the Bella Roma Tomatoes are added. (Recipe for 1 pound of pasta. We recommend Penne or Rigatoni to hold the sauce.)