Top | Leah Koenig
(recipe, Leah Koenig)
This recipe was adapted from one in the Los Angeles Times.
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup neutral oil
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 cups crumbled matzo sheets (or 2 cups matzo farfel)
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup diced dried apricots
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly oil the foil.
- In a small bowl, mix together the honey, oil, and cinnamon until well combined.
- In a large bowl, mix together the matzo, almonds, and pecans.
- Pour the honey mixture over the dried mixture and fold well to combine.
- Spread the mixture on the baking sheet and bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a platter and cool. Add the raisins and apricots and toss well.
- Store in an airtight container for 1 to 2 weeks.