Top | Newsletter featured recipes
Wild Mushroom and Potato Gratin
(recipe, Hillsdale Farmers' Market)
- ½ lb. wild mushrooms
- 4 Tbsp. butter (unsalted)
- 10 to 12 medium potatoes (Yukon Gold are best but any potato other than Russets will work )
- 1 pt. heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven 375 degrees.
- Gently clean the mushrooms and cut into slices. Saute the mushrooms in butter over medium-high heat until the mushrooms absorb their liquid and start to get crisp. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Peel and dice the potatoes and cook in boiling water until they are fully cooked but not mushy. Scoop the potatoes from the water and set on a sheet pan to cool.
- Butter a 9 by 12 baking dish. Layer the potatoes and mushrooms alternately. Cover with cream. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the cream is bubbling and the top of the gratin is golden brown.